Axbridge Showcase will go ahead on Saturday September 3rd despite weather warnings. We are expecting over 35 historic and classic cars in the Square.
Punch and Judy may be relocated to an indoor venue. Historic 50’/60 and 70’s documents on display in Town Hall Council Chamber, King John’s Hunting Lodge open all afternoon with free entry to National Trust members.
Bands are likely to relocate to Town Hall with CopperHead on at approx 5pm followed by Mayhem at 8pm. All free and free parking. See you there!
This year the Axbridge Showcase is on Saturday 3rd September 2016
The Square, Axbridge, BS26 2AR.
2pm until late
Classic Cars, Classic Bike and Scooter and Military Vehicles
Best Business Competition
The showcase committee would like to invite the businesses of Axbridge to participate in the Axbridge showcase this year.
We would like you to dress the front of your business in a 60’s / 70’s theme. We would appreciate your house being ready for judging Saturday morning of the showcase. The winner will be announced on Showcase afternoon.
If you would like to take part please fill in this form.
Entries accepted until 27th Aug 2016
Best Dressed Private House
There is also a competition for the best dressed private house in a 60’s / 70’s theme. There is also be a prize for best dressed male, female and child. Come and join in the fun dressed in the style of 1960’s/70’s fashion and you might win a prize.
If you would like to take part please fill in this form..
(exact timetable will be available from 1st Aug)
- 1.30pm Classic Vehicles arrive and park up
- 2.00pm All day Cider festival in the Town Hall
- 2.30pm Parade of the Axbridge Sea Cadets
- 2.40pm Punch and Judy show and Storytelling by The Church Steps
- 3.10 Morris Dancers in the Square
- 3.20pm Punch and Judy show and Storytelling by The Church Steps
- 3.45 Morris Dancers in the Square
- 4.00pm Local band Copperhead
- 6.00pm Dispersal for free eve entertainment
- Music of the ’60s and ’70s during the afternoon until 6.30
- 60’s & 70’s themed cafe – Mods and rockers with a dash of flower power.
- Historic Axbridge documents of the 1960/70’s in the Council Chamber Town Hall 2pm til 5pm
- Classic cars depart 6pm approx.
- Live music from local Band Mayhem in the Town Hall from 8pm. Free entry – doors open at 7.30pm. Hear Mayhem at https://soundcloud.com/johogg1962
from 10.30 am
Themed cafe in Town Hall selling teas, coffee, cakes, light lunches and cream teas.
Live music in the evening in the Town Hall.
There will be a road closure in the Square from 1.30pm until 7pm.
Plenty of free car parking. No stalls this year.
Sponsored and hosted by Axbridge Chamber of Commerce.